The reason I don’t post so much at the moment is partly that my brain is a bit frazzled at the moment and partly that when I write a long post (like version one of this one) it get’s eaten by the computer-interweb-monster.
Anyway, here’s some of what I wanted to tell you all.
Wordie “Like Flickr, but without the photos.” Silly but funny.
A Preacher TV series? OMG. How fucking cool would that be if they did it right?
Speaking of TV (oh I’m smooth I am). Is Robin Hood the gayest programme on the box at the moment? Can you point at any one of the regular characters and say “Yes, they’re 100% heterosexual”? Let’s look at them all:
- Robin – ran off to the Holy Land rather than marry Marion; homo-erotic wrestling match with Guy last week.
- Much – follows Robin around all the time making puppy dog eyes
- John – left his wife to live in the forest with a bunch of men
- Alan – did you see him trying on the women’s jewellery a couple of episodes back?
- Will – claims to love Djaq, who…
- Djaq – man’s name, men’s clothes, short hair
- Marion – creeps out of the house at night disguised as a man
- Guy – all that tight black leather and generally being the Sheriff’s bitch
- The Sheriff – has a gimp called Guy; seemed equally interested in the nun and the serving boy
So much denial. They must have cut down Sherwood Forest to make all those closets. Still good to see this getting airtime at 7pm on BBC1. And the only complaints are about the historical accuracy. That’s progress for you.
Built my first AJAX powered web thingy. It’s very Web 2.0 – even got popup message box things with semi-opaque backgrounds.
Back on Web 1.33333 I’ve updated the Dinosaurs in Miniature web pages. Added 10mm and 6mm listings and updated the existing lists.
Oh, and that fuckwit who thinks MI5 are stalking him through the telly has spammed radw, presumably thanks to some cross posted threads from a uk. group. Still it makes a change from the normal moronic trolling. Why do I still read? Must be some form of masochism.
Going to see Mitchell and Webb tomorrow. In Cryodon, but it’s okay – I’ve had my innoculations. That’s the start of a long weekend and we have big plans. Take in a film or two, do the Christmas shopping, visit the British Museum, giroscope‘s birthday curry, clean the flat from top to bottom. Come Tuesday I’ll be glad to be back at work.