For future reference, here’s what’s happened so far:
- Tuesday March 2nd – viewed house for first time.
- Saturday March 6th – viewed house for second time.
- Tuesday March 9th – made initial offer.
- Friday March 12th – had final offer accepted 🙂
- Saturday March 13th – mortgage application.
- Thursday March 18th – survey (allegedly, not seen results yet)
- Monday March 22nd – met with solicitor.
- Wednesday March 24th – massive amount of paperwork arrived from solicitor. Budget removes stamp duty for first time buyers on properties up to £250,000 which includes us 🙂
This is just the most recent part of a marathon: we’ve been looking since September, have spoken to eight different estate agencies, seen houses with five of them, seen sixteen houses in total, and seen four of those houses more than once.